Getting to CanUX: Transportation Logistics
Details on parking, biking and how to get to the venue by public transportation.
Location: The Canadian Museum of History Theatre
100 Rue Laurier,
Gatineau, QC K1A OM8
The best way to find your way is to get directions from Google Maps.
Paid parking is available at the museum at a rate of $2.50 per half hour for a daily maximum of $12.50. Parking at the museum can be paid using either cash or credit card.
Free parking is available at the Maison du citoyen parking steps away from the museum.
Bike racks / Bixi Bikes
Bike racks are located by the main entrance of the museum and the Voyageur Cafeteria and on Laurier Street, by the Bistro Boréal.
If you’re looking to rent a bike, Bixi Bikes are available at various locations in downtown Ottawa and at the Four Points Sheraton, across from the museum.
Buses: To and from Ottawa
If you’re coming from Ottawa, you can catch the number 8 bus at the Billings Bridge, Hurdman, Mackenzie King (Rideau Centre) or Lebreton stations. Please note that the number 8 bus doesn’t stop in front of the museum before 9am and shortly after 5pm. Exit the bus at the Eddy and Laurier bus stop and walk eastward on Laurier to the museum.
Check the directions to get there and back on Google Maps.
Buses: To and from Gatineau
If you’re coming from Gatineau/Hull, you can catch the number 21, 31, 33, and 35 buses.
Note that STO routes are not available on Google Maps. Check the STO Web site for schedules and directions.
If you are using GPS, please enter one of the following:
The address: 100 Laurier Street, Gatineau, Quebec, J8X 4H2, or
- 45.429374, -75.709233, or
- N45°25.811, W075°42.532
ROAD CLOSURES FOR REMEMBRANCE DAY CEREMONY (FRIDAY ONLY)
A number of road closures will be in effect for the National Remembrance Day Ceremony. Please plan your route accordingly. Depending on where you are coming from in the city, there are additional closures for other ceremonies taking place around town. Full list of closures
Road Closures in the Downtown Core: The closures will impact a number of streets around Parliament Hill and the War Memorial, some starting very early in the morning. These include:
- Rideau/Wellington Street between Sussex/Colonel By Drive and Bank Street,
- Queen Street between O’Connor Street and Elgin Street,
- Elgin Street between Wellington Street and Albert Street,
- Metcalfe Street between Wellington Street and Albert Street, and O’Connor Street between Wellington Street and Queen Street.
Temporary street closures prior to and following the ceremony at the National War Memorial in effect:
- Laurier Avenue between Nicholas Street and Elgin Street,
- Elgin Street between Laurier Avenue and Albert Street,
- Colonel By Drive between Rideau Street and Daly Avenue,
- MacKenzie Avenue extension between Rideau Street and Daly Avenue,
- Daly Avenue between Colonel By Drive and Nicholas Street,
- Nicholas Street (southbound) between Daly Avenue and Laurier Avenue, and
- Elgin Street between Albert Street and Slater Street.